Dr. Bridget Walker, Ph.D
Dr. Bridget Walker, a clinical psychologist, has treated patients in the San Francisco Bay Area for nearly twenty years. Over the past 15 years, she has specialized in the application of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy to treat anxiety disorders of all types. Working with both children and adults, Dr. Walker provides her patients with real-life strategies that have been clinically proven to reduce fears and to minimize symptoms of anxiety. A mother of three children, Dr. Walker is particularly sensitive to the pressures family experiences when a child suffers from an anxiety disorder and has a long history of successful family-wide treatment.
- BA Sociology, University of California Berkeley, 1984
- Ph.D Clinical Psychology, California School of Professional Psychology-Berkeley, 1991
- Harbor UCLA Medical Center 1991-1992
- Norwalk Hospital-Norwalk, Connecticut 1992-1993
- Advanced fellowship with Jeffrey Martin, Ph.D- Associate Professor, UCSF School of Medicine-2000-2002
Andrea Starsiak, Ph.D
Andrea Starsiak, Ph.D has joined Dr. Walker's practice as a registered Psychological Assistant, specializing in the assessment and treatment of anxiety and related disorders in children, adolescents and adults using Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. Dr. Starsiak also has extensive expertise in Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder.
- BA Psychology, Purdue University, 2007
- Ph.D Clinical Psychology, Palo Alto University, 2012
- Pacific Graduate School of Psychology Gronowski Clinic, Palo Alto
- Fremont Youth and Family Services
- Kaiser Pediatric Psychiatry, Oakland
- Psychological Services Center, Oakland
The Team ApproachDr. Walker and Dr. Starsiak use a team approach to evaluate and treat anxiety and associated disorders in children and adults. Dr. Walker provides each participant with an individualized treatment plan based upon her evaluation and assessment. In addition, Dr. Walker provides education for the participant and involved family members. Dr. Starsiak implements these tailored treatment plans through exposure work with participants in a supportive and structured way. Dr. Walker and Dr. Starsiak work closely together to keep participants on track as they conquer their anxiety.
This strong professional structure offers numerous benefits:
- Treatment can progress more rapidly for the participant and thus symptom relief can occur more quickly.
- Participants are given the opportunity to have more cost effective treatment.
- Intensive treatment can be offered for participants whose symptoms are highly distressing, severe and/or disrupting their daily lives.